Later tonight Chris Eubank Jr fights Renold Quinlan for the IBO Super Middleweight world title. Despite not being recognized as one of the main four belts, the bout is must win for Eubank Jr. Quinlan has come to the UK with nothing to lose & he’s been telling anyone who would listen that he’s going to shock Eubank Jr.
· Quinlan is coming off an impressive win. Drilling Daniel Geale in the opponents home town in October 2016.
· Eubank Jr is on a 5 fight win streak, since his sole loss to BJ Saunders in 2014.
· Quinlan needs to hurt Eubank early to gain his respect. Eubank has amazing stamina so the longer the fight goes, it’s a big advantage for Eubank.
· Eubank looks by far the more complete fighter. Especially based on speed, combinations & footwork.
· An area of concern is Quinlan mentioned that he doesn’t have a game plan yet against Eubank Jr. To cause such an upset, a game plan is usually always needed.
· Quinlan has power. So he needs to get lucky and early. Quinlan will need to let his hands go. Only problem is Eubank Jr has a fantastic chin.
· Quinlan is easily the bigger man in the ring. Eubank Jr is a small Super Middleweight.
Quinlan may prove a better test early than most thought early on. We think he will last rounds. This one should make it into the 2nd half of the fight before Eubank’s insane stamina totally takes over the fight and causes a stoppage based on accumulation. The Australian will put in a good effort. Eubank will continue his rise.