Thankyou for taking the time to interview with Boxing Kingdom.
PS: "No problems! Glad to answer questions for my fans".
1. Are you excited for Paulie’s upcoming bout with Danny Garcia? Garcia has been looking quite inconsistent lately. Are you confident Paulie can cause an upset?
PS: "Absolutely, it's very exciting for us. This is a huge fight. Danny is a big name and has proven himself to be at the level that he is at, but at the same time Danny is a one trick pony, he has heavy hands and a good chin, but is one dimensional".
2. Can you talk me through a normal day in your life? It must be busy, successful construction boss, head trainer for Malignaggi and host of the famous podcast ‘Brooklyn to the world’.
PS: "I wish I was a construction boss (laughing), I'm a laborer. My normal day to day routine consists of working construction, once a week we do the podcast which I enjoy doing because I have a lot of fun doing it. Eric Brown is the head coach and I'm the assistant trainer. Yes, it can be very very busy but I wouldn't trade it for the world."
3. The podcast is turning into a success quickly and your influence on the show is just as important as Paulie’s. Do you see a long term vision for the podcast?
PS: "I definitely do, I actually would like to grow this into possibly a radio show and to continue to do the pod cast as well because the people at CBS are great and its a lot of fun too".
4. Paulie is excelling as an analyst also with Showtime boxing and CBS and UK channels, do you feel he could eventually become the best commentator in the game?
PS: "I feel he already is. I feel that no one can articulate their opinion the way that he does. He gives the sport to you in his eyes and no one explains it the way he does. Everyone who is watching while he is commentating is learning more about the sport every time."
5. Who would win a fight out of you and Seth and how would it play out?
PS: (Laughing)"Seth wrestled in school even though he's a lot smaller then I am he's a tough little guy but if I land a straight left hand it would be goodnight for Seth".
6. Talk us through exactly how long you and Paulie have known each other? You seem like you have been best friends for decades?
PS: "I met Paulie when I was 18 in Gleasons gym, and at that time I thought I was going to be a boxer myself. I didn't really have my future planned out, I sold cars, always loved boxing and started boxing at a very young age. In my own mind I was a very good boxer until I sparred with Paulie . I figured I rather help him achieve his goals instead of wasting my time trying to become a fighter myself and from there we have been inseparable. I have been his corner man his whole career."
7. There has been an unusual amount of respect from Danny Garcia and his father in the lead up to his bout with Malignaggi, has this surprised you?
PS: "Well as of very recently I have seen some trash talk from Angel and Danny but for the most part it doesn't surprise me. We go way back with the Garcia family, we watched Danny grow as a professional to where he is now. "
A bit about you:
- Favorite beer? Corona
- Favorite food? Pasta
- Jennifer Lopez or Ariana Grande? Jennifer Lopez
- How many coffees per day do you have? I hate coffee I only drink espresso to give me a boost.
Do you have anything else to say? Shoutouts? Mention the other fighters you train?
PS: "My other fighter is Junior the Young God Younan, he is 7-0 with 6 knockouts in the 168 lb division. He is signed with RocNation, and will be fighting Sept 28. The venue is not solidified yet. He is very promising and I expect him to be a future world champion. Follow me at instagram and twitter @Petercards. I would like to thank all of Paulie's fans especially the UK fans for their loyalty and showing so much support. It makes me happy to see the enjoyment that they get out of our podcast. I'm looking forward to making everyone laugh at my expense. I do not plan to loose weight or get sober so deal with it!"