Friday, 24 October 2014

Gennady Golovkin vs Kelly Pavlik. Who Would Have Won?

Unfortunately Kelly Pavlik's career spiralled out of control due to various drug and substance problems. However an interesting question I pondered yesterday was who would have won between Gennady Golovkin vs Kelly Pavlik. I am not talking about the post - Hopkins version of Pavlik. I am talking about the Pavlik that fought Jermain Taylor. I think the slight edge would be to Golovkin. But I do fancy Pavliks chances. As Golovkin is there to be hit and Pavlik had a serious amount of power in his right hand. Unfortunately we will never know. Most boxing experts predict Golovkin would have won. But I think Pavlik would have presented a big problem for Golovkin. And he would have at least hurt Golovkin throughout the fight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment