Friday, 19 September 2014

Gennady Golovkin vs Miguel Cotto. Or Golovkin vs Canelo. Fights to See in 2015.

At the top of my wish list for fights in 2015 are bouts between Gennady Golovkin, Miguel Cotto & Canelo Alvarez. Golovkin is a crude power punching middleweight with great ring generalship.  Golovkin to me is unbeatable at the moment, although he hasn't fought elite level opposition as of yet. This hasn't been his fault, the reason for this is just the best not wanting to face Golovkin. However as Golovkins star power has rose the other elite fighters are going to have to fight him in the near future. 

The most interesting bout for me is Golovkin vs Cotto at Middleweight. I want to see how Golovkin deals with Cotto's power. Cotto has a stronger left hook and left hook to the body in comparison to Golovkin, so it will be an interesting fight to watch. I think Cotto could pull off a massive upset, given how good he looked against Martinez. 


Canelo may provide Golovkin with some problems also. Canelo has an excellent chin and is a power puncher himself. I favour Golovkin to get the better of Canelo though. However in a bout between Golovkin vs Cotto, I favour Cotto at the moment. 


These are two fights I want to see in 2015. And the entire boxing world also wants to see these fights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment